Terms and Conditions
- In these conditions “Seller” means Granite City Assisted Comfort Limited. The “Buyer” means any individual, company or firm who receives the Seller’s goods or whom the Seller’s quotation, invoice or acknowledgement of order is addressed; “the products” means the goods, materials and/or services to be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer. In these terms “we” or “us” means Granite City Assisted Comfort Ltd. ; “you” means the person, firm or company who purchases the products and/or services from us; and “our” and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
- All prices are quoted inclusive of Value Added Tax (unless otherwise specified) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. Prices are in Sterling Pounds £ GBP unless otherwise specified.
- Prices, quoted on the website, are liable to change on any occasion, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Prices for products exclude delivery charges unless otherwise specified. Delivery charges differ depending on the product(s) you purchase, the delivery address and the delivery method you choose.
- We reserve the right to modify or amend our pricing at any time. Periodically we may apply promotional offers to products. These prices will only apply in the context in which the promotion is given and are subject to the terms of that promotion. The prices charged will be those quoted at the date of despatch and we cannot be held accountable for any errors or omissions to products or prices.
- The Seller reserves the right, by notifying the Buyer at any time before delivery, to amend the price to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any influence beyond the control of the Seller (such as, without limitation, any increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture).
- Our website holds a considerable number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products quoted on our site may be wrongly priced. Where a product’s correct price is less than our quoted price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to the Buyer. If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will either contact you for instructions before dispatching the product, or renounce your order and inform you of such rejection. If the pricing error is evident and definite and could have reasonably been identified by you as an error, we do not have to deliver the products to you at the incorrect (lower) price. In the event that there is a pricing error on the website then Assisted Comfort will not have to honour any orders made at that price.
- We ask that all products be paid for on completion of order and that all funds are cleared before delivery. We accept most major credit and debit cards. On the order you must indicate your exact billing address and telephone number the address and telephone number your credit card bank has on file for you. Incorrect details will cause a delay in processing your order. We only accept debit/credit card payments from cards registered to an address within the UK.
Terms Of Payment
- Payment for all products must be by credit or debit card and will be charged at time of order through our payment system.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all orders must be paid in full prior to delivery.
- You must have the authority to use your credit/debit card, otherwise we will not accept your order and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Before we agree on the product delivery, you must provide us with your delivery address along with all of the information which we will need to enable us to determine whether we will be able to dispatch the products, the correct method of delivery and the cost charged for the delivery service.
- Your order will be completed by the delivery stated in our acceptance of your order or, if no delivery date is set out, then within 30 days of the date of our acceptance of your order, unless there are notable circumstances. So far as it is reasonably possible the Assisted Comfort will meet quoted delivery times. However, such dates are not guaranteed and time shall not be of the essence of this contract. If you require to change the delivery date once it is confirmed then please give us no less than 72 hours notice prior to delivery.
- If we are unable to deliver the products to your address for reasons due to our own fault, we will notify you as soon as possible and agree on another delivery date or, if we are unable to deliver to the address at all refund or recredit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your debit or credit card for delivery.
- Should the Seller over deliver products to the Buyer and should the Buyer not notify the Seller within 7 days in writing, the Seller may at its option either repossess the excess products or invoice them and be paid immediately by the Buyer for the excess products at the price ruling at the date of delivery.
- For palletized deliveries, the products will be dispatched as close as possible to your premises. If this location is unreachable for any reason, delivery will be made to as near to your property as possible.
- Ownership of the product and/or order will not pass to you until we have delivered the products to you and it has been paid for in full. When a product is dispatched, risk of damage to or loss of the item passes to you.
- Subject to the other provisions of these conditions we shall not be accountable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the products.
- Assisted Comfort Ltd. shall have no further liability under the Contract if, for any reason, the Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the products when they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver your order on time due to health and safety risks 4.9 If you keep our delivery vehicle waiting for an unreasonable time or the delivery driver is obliged to return without completing delivery, or if due to the nature of the goods we have to arrange additional staff to unload goods, an additional cost will occur that reflects the extra services provided.
- You will have title (ownership) to the products once you have fully paid for them and any other sums outstanding between you and Assisted Comfort Ltd. whether in respect of this Contract or otherwise. Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive payment in full of all sums due for the products, including delivery charges.
- The risk incidental to the products shall pass to the Buyer with delivery and the Seller will not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage to the products howsoever occurring after delivery to the Buyer.
- The Buyer will undertake to properly store and insure the products, and have them identified as the Sellers’ property, until such time as payment in full is made.
Cancellation and Return
- To cancel a contract, you must notify us in writing. You must also return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk.
- We will accept returns within 7 days of purchase items in their original undamaged packaging and have not been fitted or used.
- The charges of returning products to us shall be borne by the Buyer, and may be more than the cost of the original delivery.
- Where the Seller confirms that an order may be cancelled the company nevertheless reserves the right to charge the Buyer for any loss the Seller has suffered as a result of the cancellation.
- If products are returned in an unsaleable condition we may not credit or exchange the items/s.
- Products that are supplied as special orders and made to measure cannot be cancelled, or returned. We cannot grant return of goods that have been installed or fitting commenced.
- We shall be entitled, at our discretion, to accept or reject the cancellation of any contract or the return of any products not required. Any such cancellation or return shall be on such terms as we specify and in particular we may charge you a handling fee and all costs incurred on cancelled orders.
Warranty and liabilities
- The Seller warrants that the products will at the time of delivery correspond to the specification given by the Seller. Except where the Buyer is dealing as a consumer (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, Section 12) all other warranties, conditions or terms relating to fitness for purpose, merchantability or condition of the products, whether implied by Statute, Common Law or otherwise are excluded and the Buyer is satisfied as to the suitability of the products for the Buyer’s purpose.
- While every effort is made to guarantee that the product specifications on this web site are accurate, manufacturers do add and change functionality in their products as the software is developed. The buyer is required to execute its own evaluation or assessment of any chosen products to secure fitness for purpose.
- The Seller will make every effort to execute the Contract in accordance with its terms but it shall not be liable for any failure on its part to carry out any term of the contract from any cause outside the Seller’s control including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) act of God, war, strike, lockout or other industrial dispute, fire or flood.